Skip to main content
West Central Tribune
Trump orders Justice Department to investigate Manchester bomb probe leaks
Playboy model sentenced for posting photo of unsuspecting nude
Trail to be resurfaced from Willmar to Spicer
Pianos on Parade comes to Willmar
Pearl Harbor victim from Minnesota has remains returned home
Prep Softball: Gjerde does Saints' heavy lifting
Local Roundup: Area tennis players advance to 6A semifinals
Vikings still don't know if Bridgewater will ever play in NFL again
Twins' Hughes may not miss many games
Former Minnesota high school hockey star, current Penguins veteran Cullen playing Game 7 like it's his last
Former Arkansas Gov. takes 'Huckabee' from Fox News to religious broadcaster
Ellen DeGeneres lands new Netflix stand up special
Three more Fox News employees file discrimination suits
Minnesota judge officially confirms heirs to Prince's $200M estate
'Last Man Standing': 20th Century Fox TV to seek new home for Tim Allen comedy
Memorial Day travel volume expected highest since 2005
Fishing: Area opener a ray of sunshine
Art competition: High school artists gather in New London
Stories needed to create 'Milan: The Musical!'
Minnesota Orchestra brings classical music to Willmar
David J. Peterson
Marilyn Ruth Rusthoven
Dr. Richard Clausen
Five startling things Betsy Devos told (or wouldn't tell) Congress
Cartoon by Dave Granlund
Dionne: The wider Trump scandal
Cartoon by Steve Benson
Commentary: The genius of Roger Ailes
September 21, 2012
Bethel Church welcomes new music director
WILLMAR -- The 85-year-old pipe organ at Bethel Lutheran Church in downtown Willmar recently underwent a major renovation - its first in 60 years. "They...
September 21, 2012 - 12:00am
August 29, 2012
No Time to Be Cool blog: Being active in faith
August 29, 2012 - 8:49am
August 20, 2012
Eid celebration in Willmar, Minn.
August 20, 2012 - 12:00am
July 24, 2012
Evangelist, musician Lowell Lundstrom dies at 72
WILLMAR -- Lowell Lundstrom, founder of Lowell Lundstrom Ministries and Celebration Church, died Friday at age 72 after a long battle with Parkinson's...
July 24, 2012 - 12:00am
April 10, 2012
Willmar, Minn., Planning Commission to review mosque findings Wednesday at meeting
WILLMAR -- The Willmar Planning Commission will review on Wednesday night its findings of approval for a conditional use permit requested by the Islamic Society of Willmar to operate an Islamic mosque at the former Lafayette School, 1112 Lake Ave. N.W. Besides the mosque, the society...
April 10, 2012 - 7:00am
Fish fry at St. Mary's in Willmar, Minn.
March 10, 2012 - 12:00am
December 23, 2011
Areavoices.com: Remember to give thanks this Christmas
It's been a rich Advent for me, an Advent that will end very soon now as we make way for the illuminating Christ. To read the rest of this story...
December 23, 2011 - 9:03am
September 10, 2011
Faith community responds to 9/11
Because the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks in America lands on a Sunday, faith communities have been responding by planning special prayers and sermons to be delivered during regular morning worship services. Separate community services to commemorate the event are also being...
September 10, 2011 - 12:00am
July 17, 2010
Rap music, social networking give young adults new ways to express their faith
WILLMAR -- From rap music to social networking, young people at Sonshine are finding new, fresh ways to express their Christian faith. Friday,...
July 17, 2010 - 12:00am
May 18, 2010
May 18, 2010 - 12:00am
January 20, 2010
Letter: A time for faithful dissent
As ELCA Lutherans get bullied by pastors, and pastors get bullied by bishops, let's all remember to thank God for faithful dissent. When those of the liberal persuasion (i.e.
January 20, 2010 - 12:00am
December 10, 2009
Letter: Celebrate the holy season
It was a miserable night. The temperature had dropped, the wind was blowing and snow was dusting all the little nooks and crannies of the land. The young couple had just entered the town and were unsuccessfully seeking a place of shelter. If it hadn't been demanded that they make...
December 10, 2009 - 12:00am
November 27, 2009
A day for giving
November 27, 2009 - 12:00am
November 7, 2008
Commentary: Councilman Gardner explains his decisions and values
There's a saying: some days you're the windshield, some days you're the bug. Since my defeat Tuesday, I have visited with Tim Johnson and congratulated him on his victory. I accept the results and wish him well. He has been a gentleman throughout. A few comments tending toward the...
November 7, 2008 - 12:00am
October 2, 2008
Have faith and trust in future
This is in reply to Dr. Napgezek's letter to the editor and his fear of the future. Are you fearing too much? I would say so, if it is keeping you awake at night. According to the statistics you gave, there is a 37 percent chance for melanoma to spread but that leaves a 63 percent...
October 2, 2008 - 12:00am