St. Paul Pioneer Press
Teddy Bridgewater hopes to have an NFL career similar to the one Brett Favre had. The Vikings quarterback also would prefer not to be a celebrity
Contrary to popular belief, you really can put lipstick on a pig. The St. Paul Saints will take that as a compliment. Especially since mascot Pablo Pigasso looked particularly fetching in his new surroundings Thursday night. The Saints’ venue in Lowertown is a major improvement. Fortunately, the game-day experience hasn’t changed much.
Ken “Hawk” Harrelson has seen a lot of major league outfielders as a player, general manager and broadcaster. He thinks Torii Hunter is one of the best. Without prompting, the iconic White Sox broadcaster recently told the Pioneer Press he believes Hunter should be enshrined at Cooperstown after retiring.
The Timberwolves have seen more pingpong balls than Taiwan’s national table tennis team. That was their 11th straight lottery. Can you imagine? They have played NBA lotto so often they should have a scratch-off ticket created in their honor. Maybe it could be a knockoff of one of the existing Minnesota lottery games but with a distinct Timberwolves twist, something like “Unlucky For Life” or “Northstar Crash.”
ST. PAUL — The population of the seven-county metro area grew 4.5 percent to 2,977,455 people between 2010 and 2014, according to preliminary estimates by the Metropolitan Council. New multifamily...
The Timberwolves squashed their bad-luck history Tuesday when they received the first overall pick during the NBA draft lottery in New York. For the first time in 19 lottery attempts, Minnesota will have the top pick in the draft. Minnesota had a 25 percent chance of getting the first pick — and a 75 percent chance of falling to the second, third or fourth pick.
ST. PAUL -- With lawmakers facing a likely special session but the Capitol itself off limits due to construction, a local hotel offered to host the House and Senate should...
Bobby Bell kept looking at his watch and asking the time. He wasn’t nervous. He was excited.
Aaron Hicks is getting another shot at center field for the Twins with time dwindling for him to secure a major-league job ahead of surging prospect Byron Buxton. The 2013 Opening Day center fielder was recalled Tuesday from Triple-A Rochester to replace outfielder Shane Robinson, who was placed on the Family Emergency List.
By Chris Tomasson St. Paul Pioneer Press EDEN PRAIRIE — Babatunde Aiyegbusi gave up basketball for football late in the past decade so he could shove people without being called...