ST. PAUL — The Minnesota State Fair and Minnesota Farm Bureau are recognizing 124 Minnesota farms as 2021 Century Farms.
According to the announcement, qualifying farms have been in continuous family ownership for at least 100 years and are 50 acres or more. Since the program began in 1976, nearly 11,000 Minnesota farms have been recognized as Century Farms.
Information on all Century Farms will be available at the Minnesota Farm Bureau exhibit during the 2021 Minnesota State Fair. A database of all Minnesota Century Farms is also available at fbmn.org.
The following 2021 Century Farm families in the region are listed by county, then by the farm’s city or township, family or farm names and year of original purchase:
- Prinsburg — Marcus, 1911
Lac qui Parle County
- Madison — Stanley Olson, 1882
- Cosmos — Earl Schealler, 1910
- Darwin — Smith Farm, 1886
- Watkins — Crusoe Farms, 1893
- Morgan — Frederickson, 1919
- Redwood Falls — Panitzke Family, 1919
- Buffalo Lake — Dobberstein Farms, 1919
- Hector — The Melich Novotny Farm, 1891
- Eden Valley — Sogge’s Bearhollow Farm, 1894
- Paynesville — Robert & Carol Heitke, 1921
- Hancock — Jon & Jody Cunningham, 1911
- Morris — Retzlaff Farm, 1894
- Murdock — Ronholdt Family Farm, 1885
Yellow Medicine County
- Granite Falls — Enstad Farm, 1907
- Granite Falls — Nyrness Farm, 1899