WILLMAR — Several local road projects are among the 75 being awarded funding this year from Minnesota's Local Road Improvement Program.
The Minnesota Legislature appropriated an additional $110 million to specific projects, according to the MnDOT announcement.
The Local Road Improvement Program provides funding for capital construction costs only; it does not pay for engineering, right of way or other non-construction costs.
The agency received 425 applications worth $344 million in funding requests.
Area projects and the funding they are awarded are:
- Kandiyohi County State Aid Highway 2, $775,000;
- Pope County CSAH 18, $1,100,000;
- Chippewa County CSAH 15, $1,250,000;
- Renville CSAH 6, $1,250,000
- Redwood CSAH 1, $1,250,000;
- City of Montevideo, Ashmore Avenue and 24th Street, $1,095,200;
- Dovre Township, Kandiyohi County, 40th Avenue Northeast, $600,000.
The complete list of projects can be found at www.dot.state.mn.us/stateaid/lrip/2020/2020-LRIP-project-summary.pdf.