West central Minn. farms among the 154 statewide recognized as 2020 Century Farms
This year 154 Minnesota farms are being recognized as Century Farms by the Minnesota State Fair and the Minnesota Farm Bureau.
ST. PAUL — The Minnesota State Fair and Minnesota Farm Bureau are recognizing 154 Minnesota farms as 2020 Century Farms.
Qualifying farms have been in continuous family ownership for at least 100 years and are 50 acres or more.
Since the program began in 1976, more than 10,500 Minnesota farms have been recognized as Century Farms .
Century Farm families receive a commemorative sign, as well as a certificate signed by Minnesota State Fair and Minnesota Farm Bureau presidents and Gov. Tim Walz.
The list of the 2020 recipients includes the county, city or township of the farm’s location, the family or farm name and the year of the original purchase.
The following farms in west central Minnesota are among those recognized:
- Big Stone County: Correll — Larson Family Farm, 1918
- Chippewa County: Maynard — The Gosseling Farm, 1892; Maynard — Michael L. Arends, 1919; Montevideo — Ellingson Family Farm, 1908
- Kandiyohi County: Atwater — Person - Kelley, 1920; Pennock — Thompson Family Farm, 1895
- Lac qui Parle County: Bellingham — Trygestad Family Farms LLC, 1920
- Meeker County: Dassel — Dahlman, 1918; Dassel — Lakewood Farm, 1907; Dassel — Settergren Farm, 1919; Grove City — Dean Stenberg, 1920
- Pope County: Glenwood — Reichmann Homestead Farms, 1920; Starbuck — The Rasmusen Family Farm, 1920
- Redwood County: Clements — Nelsen Family Farm, 1918; Lamberton — Steven and Euleen Christensen Farm, 1912; Garden City — Michael and Mary Pankratz Family Farm, 1877; Morgan – Schmidt Family Farm, 1920
- Renville County: Fairfax — Jeffrey and Kari Jo Borth, 1920; Franklin — Sherman Farm, 1920
- Swift County: Benson — oh i Saunders Family Farm, 1919; Benson — Dean and Shirley Evenson Family, 1920
- Yellow Medicine County: Canby — Hansen Farm, 1903; Canby — Kraft Farm, 1920
Information on all Century Farms will be available at the Minnesota Farm Bureau exhibit during the 2020 Minnesota State Fair.