WILLMAR — The Kandiyohi County Area Family YMCA is closing and suspending all programs for the immediate future as of 5 p.m. Tuesday except for School-Age Children Care/School's Out and Early Learning Centers.
The Y plans to restore full operations as of March 30 in concert with the current school schedule. However, it is probable that the reopening date may move based on the fight against the community spread of coronavirus..
The organization plans to continue aligning with its community partners to serve parents who must work, including health care workers, first responders and "essential" employees protecting and supporting the community.
Here is a summary of the YMCA's plans during the remainder of the month:
- School's Out will be offered Wednesday, March 18, through Friday, March 27.
- The Y's Early Childhood Learning Centers will remain open during regular hours and children will continue to receive care by trusted teachers.
- A new on-demand fitness program called Y360 providing an at-home program for adults and children is being offered.
- The Y will reach out to Silver Sneakers, Senior Adult members and Senior House members to check on well-being during this interim period.
- The organization will continue to be a collection point for Lakeland Broadcasting’s annual Radio for Relief food drive. If you would like to support your community through a food donation, please feel free to drop donations off from 6:45 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday at the main YMCA Facility.
For information or updates, visit kandiymca.org website.