House fire sends three to hospital

WILLMAR — A clothes dryer fire sent three people to the hospital Thursday evening for smoke inhalation.

The Willmar Fire Department was called about 8:15 p.m. Thursday to the 1400 block of Vista Lane Southwest in Willmar.

The fire was out when firefighters arrived, but the house was filled with heavy smoke. The three occupants in the home at the time of the fire were taken to Carris Health-Rice Memorial Hospital.

The dryer sustained heavy fire damage, and the rest of the house had some smoke damage.

Fire crews were on site until about 9:15 p.m. The cause is listed as overheated clothes in the dryer.

Centra Care EMS and Willmar Police Department assisted the Fire Department.