Weather Forecast


Northwest Minnesota man electrocuted while pouring concrete

FRAZEE, Minn. — A 25-year-old man died from an electric shock while working on a cement-pouring project with friends at a rural Frazee home Monday morning, May 6.

County emergency services first received a report about the incident in Evergreen Township at around 10:30 a.m. When responders arrived at the scene, they found Dillon Andrew Wilson in cardiac arrest with friends performing CPR, according to a news release from the Becker County Sheriff's Office.

Efforts to save Wilson's life were unsuccessful and he was pronounced dead at the scene.

An investigation found that Wilson was electrocuted while pouring cement for a project at an acquaintance's home. As they finished pouring the cement, a "long pole" Wilson was holding touched overhead power lines, causing the fatal shock.

Forum News Service

The Forum Communications News Service is the premier news wire service covering the Upper Midwest, including the Dakotas, Minnesota and Wisconsin. In addition to breaking and enterprise news, we offer a wide variety of sports, features, business, agriculture, outdoors and opinion content. For more information about the services we offer or to discuss content subscriptions, please contact us.