ACGC School Board minutes
(February 2, 2007) 8941 School Board Minutes INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT #2396 REGULAR MEETING - ACGC SCHOOL BOARD MONDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2006 - 7:00 P.M. ACGC JSHS HEALTH ROOM, GROVE CITY, MN Members Present: Gwen Chase, John Cunningham, Greg Taue...
(February 2, 2007) 8941
School Board Minutes
INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT #2396
REGULAR MEETING -
ACGC SCHOOL BOARD
MONDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2006 - 7:00 P.M.
ACGC JSHS HEALTH ROOM,
GROVE CITY, MN
Members Present: Gwen Chase, John Cunningham, Greg Tauer, Kathy Mahn, Judy Raske
Members Absent: Gwen Krebsbach, Rick Nordin
Administration Present: Pam Kyllingstad,
Sherri Broderius, Dave Oehrlein
Visitors Present: 19
Student Member Present: Kjersten Karlsgodt
I. CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by John Cunningham.
II. AGENDA REVISIONS
III. B. 3. a. & b.; VI. L.
Motion Tauer, seconded by Mahn, and carried, to approve the agenda of the December 18, 2006 regular meeting.
B. CONSENT APPROVAL OF MINUTES,
EXPENDITURES AND TRANSFERS, PERSONNEL, AND GIFTS
Motion by Raske, seconded by Chase, and carried, to approve the following by consent:
1. MINUTE APPROVAL
Motion to approve the minutes of the November 27, 2006 regular meeting.
2. APPROVAL OF EXPENDITURES AND TRANSFERS
a. Motion to approve the expenditures for month ending December 13, 2006:
General Fund $67,195.09
Food Service 34,099.19
Community Services 4,425.38
Fund 21 14,403.29
b. Motion to approve the following transfers for total wire payments: $9,753.04.
a. DAVE JOHNSON
Motion to approve a contract with Dave Johnson as a Jr/Sr High School Long Term Substitute in the amount of approximately $4,705.86.
b. TRACEY SCHROEDER
Motion to approve a contract with Tracey Schroeder as a North Elementary Special Education Paraprofessional in the amount of approximately $7,077.78.
Motion to accept the following gifts:
Lori Pankratz, Creative Memories, donated paper, stickers, prizes, and other misc. items.
IV. RECOGNITION OF VISITORS/CORRESPONDENCE - None
- Gwen Krebsbach, 8 years as board member
- Greg Tauer, 4 years board member
- Finance Committee met with Dr. Speiker, MN Dept. of Ed., to discuss SOD plan, also look at cuts for 2007-08 and revenues.
C. STUDENTS - KJERSTEN KARLSGODT
- NHS & Student Council adopted 3 families and spent $500 on gifts.
- Student Council will be caroling at the elementary schools and helping with the North Elementary food drive.
- Job Shadowing was a great experience and is open to all seniors.
D. COMMUNITY EDUCATION - MARJ MAURER
- Brochuare will be coming out the beginning of January.
- 6 sixth grade students attended a leadership conference and will pick out a community service project after the break
- Building usage is very high
E. BUSINESS MANAGER - CONNIE DALLMANN
- Treasurer's Report
- Revenue & Expenditure update
- January 18th meeting with Ken Moos, MN Dept. of Educatioin and Darin Jensen, SW/WC
F. SOUTH ELEMENTARY - DAVID OEHRLEIN
- Planning January 12 inservice
- Working on lock down drill preparation
- Tom trying to pinpoint where roof leaks are occurring and looked at other items such as weather stripping
G. JUNIOR-SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL - SHERRI BRODERIUS
- Curriculum and cuts
- Senior Panel on Thursday, alumni will be available to answer questions regarding college, workforce, etc.
- 5-8 grade musical program tonight, theatre is nearly full
- Grant expiring that allowed for Homeowork Help, After School Supervision, etc. Working on writing another grant
H. SUPERINTENDENT & NORTH ELEMENTARY - PAM KYLLINGSTAD
- Talked with Lee Warne, SW/WC, regarding a neutral souce to look at our District
- Lots of students out with various illness at North
- Friday is a Sing A Long and presentation of food at North
A. RESOLUTION REGARDING CAPITAL FACILITIES BONDS
Motion by Raske, seconded by Tauer, and carried, to approve the final 2006 payable 2007 maximum levy in the following amounts:
General - RMV Voter Approved $387,526.94
General - RMV Other 55,737.89
General - NTC Other 294,997.64
Community Service 4,425.38
General Debt Service Voter 872,445.31
General Debt Service - Other 14,403.29
TOTAL LEVY $1,815,310.48
Motion by Mahn, seconded by Raske, and carried, to approve the recommendation form the community education advisory board to use fund 4 reserves to open the south daycare during the day while school is in session for the remainder of the 2006-07 school year starting on January 2, 2007.
C. WEST CENTRAL CONFERENCE RESOLUTION
Member Gwen Chase introduced the following resolution and moved its adoption:
RESOLUTION APPEALING THE MINNESOTA STATE HIGH SCHOOL LEAGUE PLACEMENT COMMITTEE DECISION TO PLACE MORA AND MILACA IN THE WEST CENTRAL CONFERENCE
SEE SCHEDULE A
The motion for the adoption of the foregoing resolution was duly seconded by Member Greg Tauer, and upon vote being taken thereon, the following voted in favor thereof: Judy Raske, Kathy Mahn, Greg Tauer, John Cunningham Gwen Chase and the following voted against: None; Absent: Gwen Krebsbach, Rick Nordin; whereupon said resolution was declared duly passed and adopted.
D. DRIVERS EDUCATION
Motion by Chase, seconded by Raske, and carried, to approve increasing the driver's education fee to $300.00 for ACGC students and $350.00 for non-ACGC students starting July 1, 2007
Motion by Tauer, seconded by Mahn, and carried, to approve the upcoming fundraisers as presented.
F. JR/SR HIGH REGISTRATION HANDBOOK 2007-08
Motion by Chase, seconded by Cunningham, and carried, to approve the 2007-08 Jr/Sr High Registration Handbook.
G. ACTIVITY FEES
Motion by Chase, seconded by Cunningham, and carried, to table this motion.
H. EXTRA-CURRICULAR BUDGET CUTS
Motion by Chase, seconded by Raske, and carried, to approve the following extra-curricular activity cuts for the 2007-08 school year and beyond: shorten all Jr High sports seasons, eliminate Cross Country, and eliminate non-conference golf meets.
I. FIRST READING OF POLICY
Policy on AED Use and PAD Program
J. BREAKFAST/LUNCH PRICES
Regular elementary FREE FREE
Regular secondary $1.20 $1.30
Reduced FREE FREE
Adult $1.60 $1.70
Regular Elementary $1.65 $1.75
Regular Secondary $1.90 $2.00
Reduced $ .40 $ .40
Adult $ 2.85 $2.95
No Change to Milk or Milk Break
K. RESOLUTION DIRECTING ADMINISTRATION
Member John Cunningham introduced the following resolution and moved its adoption:
RESOULTION ADOPTING THE ADMINISTRATION TO MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR REDUCTIONS IN PROGRAMS AND REASONS THEREFORE.
BE IT RESOLVED, by the School Board of ACGC Independent School District No. 2396, as follows:
That the School Board hereby directs the Superintendent of Schools and administration to consider the discontinuance of programs or positions as a result of reduction in enrollment or funding, make recommendations to the school board for the discontinuance of programs, curtailment of programs, discontinuance of positions or curtailment of positions
The motion for the adoption of the foregoing resolution was duly seconded by member Gwen Chase, and upon vote being taken thereon, the following voted in favor thereof: Greg Tauer, John Cunningham, Gwen Chase, Judy Raske, Kathy Mahn; Against: None; Absent: Gwen Krebsbach, Rick Nordin; whereupon said resolution was declared duly passed and adopted.
L. SIEMENS BUILDING TECHNOLOGIES
Motion by Raske, seconded by Mahn, and carried, to pay the final invoice from Siemens Building Technologies in the amount of $587,991.00.
VII. BOARD MEMBERS CONCERNS - None
- Greg Tauer thanked the Board for the past 4 years. SOD is not all bad, people are coming together to accomplish things.
- Referendum mailings include charts from audit
Motion by Tauer, seconded by Raske, and carried, to adjourn the meeting at 8:40 p.m.
John Cunningham, Chair
Gwen Chase, Clerk