District Court, Kandiyohi County, Feb. 6

n David Alan Vernoy, 32, of Willmar, was sentenced Tuesday to 15 months in prison, which was stayed, a $1,500 fine and five years of probation. As a condition of the stayed sentence, he was ordered to serve 180 days in jail in three portions. The...

n David Alan Vernoy, 32, of Willmar, was sentenced Tuesday to 15 months in prison, which was stayed, a $1,500 fine and five years of probation.

As a condition of the stayed sentence, he was ordered to serve 180 days in jail in three portions. The first portion, for 106 days, is to be served immediately. Two later, 37-day stints can be deferred by probation. Vernoy was given credit for 71 days already served. He was also ordered to attend Alcoholics or Narcotics Anonymous, complete a chemical dependency evaluation and to obtain and maintain employment.

He was arrested by CEE-VI Drug Task Force agents when they went to serve an arrest warrant Oct. 9 on a person at a residence on the 1500 block of 15th Street Southeast.

The complaint alleges that officers who went to the home spotted the defendant sleeping in a chair with a pipe used for smoking methamphetamine. A search of a black bag near Vernoy revealed a number of syringes and small amounts of methamphetamine, including liquid methamphetamine, the complaint charges.

- Ana Danira Hernandez-Maldonado, was arraigned Monday on three charges of aggravated forgery and one charge of forgery.


Unconditional bail was set at $50,000, with conditional release allowed on her personal recognizance. She is also known as Yashira Yamiret Rivera Del Valle.

According to the complaint, Willmar Police were following up on a tip that Hernandez-Maldonado was working at Jennie-O Turkey Store under a false name. Officers searched Driver and Vehicle Services records and found an application for a driver's license in October 2006 using a Puerto Rican birth certificate and Social Security number. They contacted Jennie-O officials and received a number of employment documents signed in the false name.

On Feb. 1, officers went to a Willmar home and located and arrested the woman there. During a search at the jail, they found a Honduran passport, with her real name, photo and date of birth. Her next court appearance is Feb. 28.

- Johnny Juan Molina, 23, of Willmar, was sentenced Monday to a year and a day in prison for a June 2007 theft charge. The sentence was handed down after Molina requested the execution of his stayed sentence.

He was given credit for 108 days already served and 200 hours of community service work was vacated. Molina was arrested over the weekend on a warrant for a probation violation.

Molina entered an Alford plea to the theft charge on Sept. 10, meaning he agreed there was sufficient evidence against him to convict but he did not admit to the crime. The charge was one of four counts were filed against Molina after a June 22 incident in which a purse containing identification, checkbook and $600 in cash was stolen from a vehicle along the 100 block of 14th Street Northwest. The back window of the vehicle was smashed with a rock, found in the back seat of the car. Security video revealed two men had been circling the area on bicycles. Witnesses identified Molina and another man in photos taken by police. Officers found a plastic bag containing methamphetamine in Molina's shoe after he was arrested and taken to the Law Enforcement Center.

- Francisco Frederick Galvan, 26, of Willmar, pleaded guilty Monday to felony domestic assault stemming from a Nov. 4 incident.

As part of a plea agreement, three other felony charges for assault with a dangerous weapon, terroristic threats and false imprisonment will be dismissed.


Galvan was charged after Willmar police officers were called to a home in Willmar around 5:15 a.m. Nov. 4. They were met by a woman who was sitting in a vehicle in the driveway.

The woman told police that she came home between 2 and 2:30 a.m. to find Galvan asleep in her home. He woke up and they began arguing. The argument continued for hours and included threats by Galvan that he would kill himself with a butcher knife. The woman told officers he made her grab the knife and told her to cut him with it. She saw him either unplug or cut phone lines, smash holes in a bathroom wall and rip the towel bar off the wall. Eventually, the woman persuaded Galvan to let her leave, and she went to her car to call police on her cell phone. The woman had bruising on her face and marks on her arms. When interviewed, Galvan admitted to punching holes in the walls and that he "accidentally" hit the woman in the face.

A review of Galvan's record showed two prior convictions for domestic assault, in October 2006 and 2004, involving the same woman, plus numerous other convictions involving assaultive behavior.

Galvan will be sentenced March 31.

What To Read Next
Get Local