ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Dryer fire sends three to hospital

Overheated clothes in a dryer filled a Willmar home with thick smoke Thursday, sending three people to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

WCT.STOCK.Structurefire.
We are part of The Trust Project.



House fire sends three to hospital

WILLMAR — A clothes dryer fire sent three people to the hospital Thursday evening for smoke inhalation.

The Willmar Fire Department was called about 8:15 p.m. Thursday to the 1400 block of Vista Lane Southwest in Willmar.

ADVERTISEMENT

The fire was out when firefighters arrived, but the house was filled with heavy smoke. The three occupants in the home at the time of the fire were taken to Carris Health-Rice Memorial Hospital.

The dryer sustained heavy fire damage, and the rest of the house had some smoke damage.

Fire crews were on site until about 9:15 p.m. The cause is listed as overheated clothes in the dryer.

Centra Care EMS and Willmar Police Department assisted the Fire Department.

What to read next
$401 million race was nation’s most expensive
The 12 plaintiffs suffered injuries including bruising from less-lethal munitions, lingering respiratory issues from tear gas and psychological trauma, the ACLU said.