PAYNESVILLE — A fire Saturday morning apparently caused by a propane grill damaged a home on Lake Koronis.

According to a news release from the Stearns County Sheriff’s Office, homeowner Larry Venenga was grilling on the lower patio of his home in Paynesville Township on the western end of Lake Koronis when the grill started on fire. The fire is believed to have started at the propane tank nozzle.

Venenga evacuated his residence and neighboring residence and dialed 911 at approximately 8:59 a.m. Saturday.

The residence caught fire due the proximity of the grill to the residence, the Sheriff’s Office said in the release. The fire traveled up the wall, through the deck on the north side of the residence.

The Paynesville Fire Department responded to the call and extinguished the fire. There is no estimation of damage at this time.

CentraCare/Paynesville ambulance also responded to the call, but there were no injuries reported.