WILLMAR — A duplex in Willmar is considered a total loss following an early morning fire Wednesday, according to a news release from the Willmar Fire Department.

According to the release, no injuries were reported and the cause was determined to be a lit cigarette.

A duplex in Willmar is considered a total loss following an early morning fire Thursday, according to a news release from the Willmar Fire Department.

Mark Wasson / West Central Tribune
A duplex in Willmar is considered a total loss following an early morning fire Thursday, according to a news release from the Willmar Fire Department. Mark Wasson / West Central Tribune
Around 1:19 a.m. Wednesday, the Willmar Fire Department, along with CentraCare Emergency Medical Services, were dispatched to the 3100 block of First Avenue Northwest for a house fire.

The duplex was fully engulfed in flames when emergency services arrived. All residents had exited the house safely.

The Pennock, Spicer, Blomkest and Kandiyohi fire departments and the Willmar Police Department also responded to the incident.

Newsletter signup for email alerts