A number of west central Minnesota highways are affected by the latest speed limit change by the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Since most people have been driving about 60 mph anyway, the department hopes making that the speed limit will keep traffic moving more steadily.
New speed limits in the area will be on these roads:
• Highway 4 from Hector to Highway 55 near Paynesville
• Highway 9 from Kandiyohi County Road 33 north of New London to Highway 104 west of Sunburg
• Highway 15 from Winthrop to the northern Meeker County line
• Highway 19 from the South Dakota border to Fairfax in Renville County
• Highway 40 from Highway 119 west of Milan to Willmar
• U.S. Highway 59 from Marshall to Clarkfield
• Highway 119 from U.S. Highway 212 to Highway 40