Hurricane Katrina - Donations
Donations Listed below are area groups that are accepting donations for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. ? Benson High School for the Red Cross: The Student Council and National Honor Society at Benson High School will be collecting money beginn...
Listed below are area groups that are accepting donations for the victims of Hurricane Katrina.
- Benson High School for the Red Cross: The Student Council and National Honor Society at Benson High School will be collecting money beginning at 6:30 p.m. tonight at the football game for the American Red Cross Disaster Relief fund. Make checks out to the Red Cross and they may also be mailed to Disaster Relief Fund, Benson Schools, 1400 Montana Ave., Benson, MN 56215.
- Heritage Bank of Willmar for the Red Cross: Donations may be dropped off at any Heritage Bank or mailed to Hurricane Relief Fund, c/o Heritage Bank, PO Box 1124, Willmar, MN 56201. All proceeds will go to the American Red Cross.
- Hope for the City: Rep. Dean Urdahl in connection with Hope for the City will collect donations of goods bound for displaced people who will be arriving at Camp Ripley. Items needed include nonperishable food; baby supplies, including formula and diapers; personal hygiene items; new clothing; and leisure activity supplies, like playing cards, puzzles, books and coloring books. Items may be dropped off at the Cosmos City Hall during business hours and at the media center at the Litchfield middle school/senior high.
- Kids of Katrina: A youth organization in Litchfield is accepting donations of clothing and other goods for children ages 2 to 18. Items may be dropped at KLFD or Industrial R & D, both in Ltichfield.
- Rebuilding Grandma's House: Rice Home Medical will have a garage and bake sale from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sept. 17 in the parking lot to benefit Grandma Pearl Hankins, a relative of a Rice Home Medical employee, who lost her home in the hurricane. Donations accepted.
- United Way of Kandiyohi County: The United Way of Kandiyohi County will forward donations to the national office for hurricane relief. Donations may be sent to Hurricane Response Fund, United Way of Kandiyohi County, Box 895, Willmar, MN 56201.