Kimball homeowner suffers minor injuries after house fire

Kimball house fire

KIMBALL — A Kimball resident suffered minor injuries after a house fire around 9:30 a.m. Saturday on the 30 block of Elm Street South, according to a Stearns County Sheriff’s Office news release.

Homeowner Judy Anderson, 73, suffered minor injuries and was treated at the scene.

The Kimball Fire Department extinguished the fire and the house sustained extensive smoke and fire damage.

According to the Sheriff’s Office, Anderson told law enforcement she was using a cigarette lighter to burn a wood tick wrapped in a napkin and some nearby paper started on fire.

Mark Wasson has been a public safety reporter with Post Bulletin since May 2022. Previously, he worked as a general assignment reporter in the southwest metro and as a public safety reporter in Willmar, Minn. Readers can reach Mark at
What To Read Next
Get Local