One resident suffers burn injuries when Willmar home damaged by fire Saturday
One resident of a southeast Willmar home was injured Saturday in a fire. An open flame near nail polish remover started the fire in an upstairs bedroom, where most of the damage occurred. The rest of the second floor had smoke damage, and the first floor had some water damage below the room with the fire.
WILLMAR — A fire in a bedroom injured one person and damaged a home Saturday afternoon in southeast Willmar.
The Willmar Fire Department was called in the early afternoon to a home in the 900 block of Fourth Street Southeast.
When firefighters arrived, they saw smoke coming from an upstairs window but no other signs of fire, according to a news release from Deputy Fire Chief Matt Grave.
Residents said a man had suffered burns in the bedroom where a small fire had started.
The man was taken to Carris Health-Rice Memorial Hospital by CentraCare Emergency Medical Services.
The Fire Department extinguished the flames quickly, but the contents of the bedroom were damaged, according to the news release.
The rest of the second floor had smoke damage, and the first floor had some water damage below the room with the fire.
There were no other injuries to residents or firefighters.
The cause of the fire was determined to be an open flame near nail polish remover.
The Willmar Police Department also responded to the scene.