Records published Jan. 3, 2022
The Tribune publishes Records as part of its obligation to inform readers about the business of public institutions and to serve as a keeper of the local historical record. All items are written by Tribune staff members based on information contained in public documents from the state court system and from law enforcement agencies. It is the Tribune’s policy that this column contain a complete record. Requests for items to be withheld will not be granted.
For previous reports, see: RECORDS
WILLMAR — Icy roads contributed to a number of minor traffic mishaps on New Year’s Eve and Day in the Willmar area. Reports include:
- A U-Haul box truck went into a ditch at 10:08 p.m. Friday on U.S. Highway 71 and 48th Avenue Northeast, Willmar.
- A hit-and-run accident was reported at 11:22 p.m. Friday involving what is believed to have been a green Ford truck on the 1400 block of Vista Lane Southwest, Willmar.
- No one was seriously injured in a vehicle rollover reported at 11:44 p.m. Friday at Kandiyohi County Road 4 Northeast and First Avenue, Atwater. Atwater Ambulance members responded.
- A vehicle was reported in the ditch at 9:10 a.m. Saturday on Kandiyohi County 5 Southwest near Highway 23.
- A vehicle left the road at 1:01 p.m. Saturday when northbound on Kandiyohi County Road 8 at the intersection with 154th Street Southeast, Willmar.
- A hit-and-run accident was reported at 5:50 p.m. Saturday at the intersection of First Street and Willmar Avenue Southeast.
- Two vehicles were involved in a minor collision at 10:53 a.m. Sunday at the intersection of First Street and 19th Avenue Southeast, Willmar.
WILLMAR — A man treated at the Carris Health — Rice Memorial Hospital emergency room at 7:55 a.m. Saturday said he had been assaulted in his garage but did not want to make a report on it. He was very intoxicated, according to the initial report.
Habitual beer can litterer nabbed
PENNOCK — A man suspected of being a habitual beer can litterer was located at 8:46 p.m. Saturday on the 100 block of U.S. Highway 12 West in Pennock. Charges of open bottle and violating driving restrictions are being forwarded to the Kandiyohi County Attorney’s office.
WILLMAR — A 66-year-old is expected to be charged with theft after reportedly taking $67.31 in merchandise from the Walmart Supercenter, according to a report made at 12:26 p.m. Friday on the 700 block of 19th Avenue Southeast.
Willmar firefighters assisted by neighboring departments as they battle garage, house fire in subzero temps Sunday
WILLMAR — The Willmar Fire Department called in aid from neighboring departments due to subzero temperatures when firefighters responded at 10:18 a.m. Sunday to a report of a garage fire that spread to the adjoining house on the 600 block of Ninth Street Southeast.