Residents safely evacuated from group home fire near Kimball

Kimball fire
Residents of a group home for disabled young adults near Kimball escaped a small fire around noon Saturday. The cause is believed to be electrical, and there were no injuries to residents or workers at the group home.

KIMBALL — Residents of a group home for disabled young adults escaped a small fire around noon Saturday near Kimball, according to a Stearns County Sheriff’s Office news release.

According to the Sheriff’s Office, the owner of the Loesch Supportive Living Services group home on the 9500 block of Echo Road received a call from a worker stating there was smoke inside the residence, but no flames were seen.

All residents were safely evacuated from the residence by the group home workers. According to the Sheriff's Office, the owners of the group home had emergency plans in place to make sure the residents were safely taken care of during this time.

The fire was located in the floor cavity of the main floor. A fire extinguisher was used to put out the flames. The Kimball Fire Department arrived at the home in Maine Prairie Township and continued to address the fire.

The cause of the fire is believed to be electrical and a small portion of the residence sustained damage.


No injuries were reported by any residents or workers.

Mayo Ambulance assisted with the incident.

Mark Wasson has been a public safety reporter with Post Bulletin since May 2022. Previously, he worked as a general assignment reporter in the southwest metro and as a public safety reporter in Willmar, Minn. Readers can reach Mark at
What To Read Next
Get Local