ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Rural Belgrade home burns in grease fire blaze, family out safely

BELGRADE -- A 20-year-old woman and two small children safely escaped a burning home Thursday afternoon southeast of Belgrade. According to a news release from Stearns County Sheriff John Sanner, The Belgrade and Brooten fire departments, along w...

BELGRADE -- A 20-year-old woman and two small children safely escaped a burning home Thursday afternoon southeast of Belgrade.

According to a news release from Stearns County Sheriff John Sanner, The Belgrade and Brooten fire departments, along with the Brooten Ambulance and sheriff's deputies, responded to a house fire at 3:47 p.m. at 41463 Eastbend Road in Crow River Township.

When sheriff's deputies arrived, the home was fully engulfed. Samantha Shroyer, 20, a 2-year-old child and 7-month-old child got out of the home safely.

The cause of the fire is believed to be hot grease on the stove. The Red Cross is providing assistance to those involved.

The home is owned by Michelle Huffman, 44, of Belgrade, and Michael Huffman, 49, of Willmar.

Related Topics: FIRESBELGRADE
What To Read Next
Mike Clemens, a farmer from Wimbledon, North Dakota, was literally (and figuratively) “blown away,” when his equipment shed collapsed under a snow load.
Volunteers lead lessons on infusing fibers with plant dyes and journaling scientific observations for youth in Crow Wing and Olmsted counties.
The Minnesota Public Utilities Commission met on Jan. 5, 2023, to consider the application for Summit Carbon Solutions.
Qualified Minnesota farmers will receive dollar-for-dollar matching money to purchase farmland.