School Board Minutes
(September 30, 2006) 8693 School Board Minutes INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT #2396 REGULAR MEETING - ACGC SCHOOL BOARD MONDAY, AUGUST 28, 2006 - 7:00 P.M. ACGC SOUTH ELEMENTARY SCHOOL MEDIA CENTER, COSMOS, MN Members Present: Judy Raske, Gwen Chase...
(September 30, 2006) 8693
School Board Minutes
INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT #2396
REGULAR MEETING -
ACGC SCHOOL BOARD
MONDAY, AUGUST 28, 2006 - 7:00 P.M.
ACGC SOUTH ELEMENTARY SCHOOL MEDIA CENTER,
Members Present: Judy Raske, Gwen Chase, Gwen Krebsbach,
Rick Nordin, Kathy Mahn, Greg Tauer,
Members Absent: None
Administration Present: Pam Kyllingstad, Sherri Broderius, Dave Oehrlein
Visitors Present: 8
I.CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order at 7:05 p.m. by Gwen Krebsbach.
Add III. B. 3. c., VI G., H., I. J.
Motion by Nordin, seconded by Tauer, and carried, to approve the agenda of the August 28, 2006 regular meeting.
B. CONSENT APPROVAL OF MINUTES, EXPENDITURES AND TRANSFERS, PERSONNEL, AND GIFTS
Motion by Tauer, seconded by Mahn, and carried, to approve the following by consent:
Motion to approve the minutes of the July 24, 2006 regular meeting.
2. EXPENDITURES AND TRANSFERS
a. Motion to approve the expenditures for month ending August 23, 2006:
General Fund $285,080.14
Food Service $ 377.77
Transportation $ 1,757.49
Community Services $ 6,525.01
Fund 21 $ 8,332.35
b. Motion to approve the following transfers for total wire payments: $76,570.57.
a. TIM HARTFIEL
Motion to increase Tim Hartfiel's contract to a full time evening custodian.
b. BARBARA BROOKS-KELLY
Motion to approve Barbara Brooks-Kelly as the 2006 C Squad Volleyball Coach.
c. PETER HENDRICKS
Motion to approve a contract with Peter Hendricks as a long-term Jr/Sr High School PE/Health substitute teacher in the amount of approximately $6,649.88 pending licensure approval.
Motion to accept the following gifts:
3M Volunteer Match Grant for South Elementary general operations $600.00
Grove City Class of 1966 for High School Music Department $275.00
Donations to Wrestling Room renovation $6,775.00
Donations to Youth Football $1,350.00
Paul Beerman donated felt discs for chairs & table legs for North Elementary
IV. RECOGNITION OF VISITORS/CORRESPONDENCE
A. RECOGNITION OF VISITORS - NONE
1. Thank you from Atwater Class of 1956, Sharron Rierson
- Article on for profit companies should not run public schools
B. COMMITTEES - NONE
C. BUILDING AND GROUNDS - TOM FORDYCE
- North - pouring cement for sign donated by class of 1955, working on new lock system, roof maintenance, boilers inspected and ready to go
- South - baskets are up on tennis courts, roof update, sprayed for weeds, plans to grade parking lot, boiler inspected and ready to go
- JSHS - machine guarding, wrestling room received building permit, baskets up for elementary recess, theater lights working, gyms& scoreboards ready to go, roof warranty
D. COMMUNITY EDUCATION - MARJ MAURER
- Brochure coming out soon
- Meeting with Head Start
- Preschool numbers are looking good, lots of space at South
- Meeker & Kandiyohi County 4-H doing after school activities for elementary students
E. BUSINESS MANAGER - CONNIE DALLMANN
- Treasurer's Report
- Audit field work 8/21-25
F. JUNIOR-SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL - SHERRI BRODERIUS
- FFA students are doing a great job representing ACGC at County Fairs, State Fair, Leadership retreat, and State FFA President is former student Kayla Pearson, Michelle Hansen has been very active
- FACS area packed up and organized. There is still a demonstration kitchen available if needed.
G. SOUTH ELEMENTARY - DAVID OEHRLEIN
- Schedules for staff
- Looking forward to the year & Open House
H. SUPERINTENDENT & NORTH ELEMENTARY - PAM KYLLINGSTAD
- August 29 Workshop breakfast, Dr. David Walsh presenting for RCW, NLS, BOLD, & ACGC which is being paid for by SHARE grant
- September 25 Board Meeting - Homecoming Coronation
- Pro Engineer Software Training, free to school districts, company in direct competition with AutoCADD
- Community Meeting Date set for September 6, 2006 at 7:00 p.m. in JSHS Media Center
- Internet use agreement
- Goal Setting Meeting, October 9 after community meeting
- Met with ministerial association, 7 ministers from 3 communities, school invited come to coffee time to discuss referendum and other school issues John Cunningham arrived at 7:32 p.m.
A. 2006-2007 MEET & CONFER DATES
Motion by Chase, seconded by Krebsbach, and carried, to approve the following Meet & Confer meeting dates and times to be held with the students and the faculty during the 2006-2007 school year: October 23, 2006, January 22, 2007, and April 23, 2007 a half hour before the board meeting with students and an hour before the board meeting with faculty.
B. FALL CONCESSIONS 2006
Motion by Tauer, seconded by Nordin, and carried, to approve the following concessions assignments for the 2006-07 school year:
Football - Student CouncilVolleyball - National Honor Society
C. CURRICULUM REVIEW CYCLE
Motion by Krebsbach, seconded by Tauer, and carried, to approve the curriculum review cycle dated 8/14/06.
D. RESOLUTION TO ENTER INTO AN AGREEMENT WITH SOUTHWEST MINNESOTA STATE UNIVERSITY
Member Gwen Chase introduced the following resolution and moved for its adoption:
RESOLUTION TO ENTER INTO AN AGREEMENT WITH
SOUTHWEST MINNESOTA STATE UNIVERSITY
Be it Resolved that Atwater-Cosmos-Grove City School District Number 2396 enter into an agreement with the State of Minnesota, MnSCU, for the purpose of providing student teaching experiences for students from Southwest Minnesota State University.
Be it Resolved, that the chairman and the clerk be and they hereby are authorized to execute such agreement.
The motion for the adoption of the foregoing resolution was duly seconded by Member Gwen Krebsbach and upon vote being taken thereon, the following voted in favor thereof: Kathy Mahn, Judy Raske, Rick Nordin, Greg Tauer, John Cunningham, Gwen Krebsbach, Gwen Chase; and the following voted against: None; whereupon said resolution was declared duly passed and adopted.
E. FIRST READING OF POLICIES
#214 OUT-OF-STATE TRAVEL BY SCHOOL BOARD MEMBERS
#624 ON-LINE LEARNING OPTIONS
F. RESOLUTION INCREASING THE GENERAL EDUCATION REVENUE OF THE SCHOOL DISTRICT AND CALLING FOR AN ELECTION
Member Rick Nordin introduced the following resolution and moved for its adoption:
RESOLUTION INCREASING THE GENERAL EDUCATION REVENUE
OF THE SCHOOL DISTRICT AND CALLING FOR AN ELECTION
The motion for the adoption of the foregoing resolution was duly seconded by Member Greg Tauer and upon vote being taken thereon, the following voted in favor thereof: Judy Raske, Rick Nordin, Greg Tauer, John Cunningham, Gwen Krebsbach, Gwen Chase, Kathy Mahn; and the following voting against: None; whereupon said resolution was declared duly passed and adopted. See Schedule A.
G. RESOLUTION STATING THE INTENTION OF THE SCHOOL BOARD TO ISSUE GENERAL OBLIGATION CAPITAL FACILITIES BONDS TO FINANCE CERTAIN CAPITAL PROJECTS; COVENANTING AND OBLIGATING THE DISTRICT TO BE BOUND BY AND TO USE THE PROVISIONS OF MINNESOTA STATUTES, SECTION 126C.55 TO GUARANTEE THE PAYMENT OF THE PRINCIPAL AND INTEREST ON THE BONDS
Member Gwen Chase introduced the above resolution and moved its adoption: The motion for the adoption of the foregoing resolution was duly seconded by Member Greg Tauer.
Motion by Nordin, seconded by Raske, and carried, to table this resolution until further information is presented.
H. ELEMENTARY STUDENT/PARENT HANDBOOK
Motion by Tauer, seconded by Chase, and carried, to approve the Elementary Student/Parent Handbook.
I. ELEMENTARY FACULTY HANDBOOK
Motion by Nordin, seconded by Mahn, and carried, to approve the Elementary Faculty Handbook.
J. AMEND SEPTEMBER SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
Motion by Tauer, seconded by Mahn, and carried, to amend the September 25, 2006 school board meeting time from 7:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
VII. BOARD MEMBERS CONCERN
- Need to do board evaluation
- Pam's evaluation results will be ready in September
- Board's presence necessary at community meetings
Motion by Tauer, seconded by Mahn, and carried, to adjourn the meeting at 8:39 p.m.