Seat coating on area highways begins Monday
WILLMAR -- Seal coating, in various locations throughout he Minnesota Department of Transportation's District 8, will begin Monday and continue through Aug. 31.
WILLMAR - Seal coating, in various locations throughout he Minnesota Department of Transportation’s District 8, will begin Monday and continue through Aug. 31.
MnDOT said in a news release that a total of 121 miles of roadway will be seal coated. Lane closures will be in place during the seal coating process and traffic will be directed by a pilot car and flagger. Motorists can expect short delays.
Seal coating is the application of an economical surface treatment designed to protect and prolong the life of asphalt pavement. Seal coating is used to protect both new and old asphalt pavements.
Seal coating is comparable to other resurfacing methods in durability and effectiveness, but costs 15-25 percent less than pavement overlays, MnDOT said.
Seal coating locations include the following:
• State Highway 29 - north of County Road 15 to the east junction of State Highway 7 in Montevideo
• State Highway 7 - west junction of State Highway 29 in Montevideo to east of State Highway 15
• State Highway 4 - Highway 19 to Highway 7
• U.S. Highway 59 – south of Lyon County Road 24 to junction of Yellow Medicine County Road 3
• U.S. Highway 212 - east of Renville County Road 16 to west of the west junction of State Highway 22
• U.S. Highway 75 - Pipestone Creek to junction of U.S. Highway 14 in Lake Benton
• State Highway 22 - west of Armstrong Avenue in Glencoe to south of State Highway 115
• U.S. Highway 212 - west of Renville County Road 1 to the west junction of U.S. Highway 71
• U.S. Highway 71 - north of junction of State Highway 19 near Morton to south of the east junction of U.S. Highway 212 in Olivia
• U.S. Highway 212 - east of Hawk Creek to Renville County Road 6
A complete list also can be found on the District 8 website www.dot.state.mn.us/d8/ .