Special events for Hurrican Katrina relief
Special events * FOCUS House: The students at FOCUS House in Willmar will have a garage sale from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday at 405 Willmar Ave. S.W. in Willmar. The money raised will be sent to the American Red Cross Hurricane Relief fund. For m...
* FOCUS House: The students at FOCUS House in Willmar will have a garage sale from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday at 405 Willmar Ave. S.W. in Willmar. The money raised will be sent to the American Red Cross Hurricane Relief fund. For more information call (320) 231-9711
Listed below are area groups that are accepting donations for victims of Hurricane Katrina.
n Farm Bureau: The Minnesota Farm Bureau Foundation has a fund for the aid of farm and ranch families and their rural communities in Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, and Mississippi. Anyone wishing to contribute to the Hurricane Ag Fund, which has been set up particularly for assistance to those affected people who are involved in agriculture, should mail their checks to MFBF/Hurricane Ag Fund; 3080 Eagandale Place; Eagan, MN 55121. Donations are tax deductible when made out to Minnesota Farm Bureau Foundation/Hurricane Ag Fund.
* Heritage Bank of Willmar for the Red Cross: Donations may be dropped off at any Heritage Bank or mailed to Hurricane Relief Fund, c/o Heritage Bank, PO Box 1124, Willmar, MN 56201. All proceeds will go to the American Red Cross.
* Kids of Katrina: A youth organization in Litchfield is accepting donations of clothing and other goods for children ages 2 to 18. Items may be dropped at KLFD or Industrial R & D, both in Litchfield.
* South 71 Spay and Neuter: South 71 Veterinary Clinic of Willmar is offering a pet spay-and-neuter promotion to help children displaced by Hurricane Katrina. Discounts of $10 will be offered for spays of female dogs and cats; $5 discounts will be offered for neutering male dogs and cats. In return, owners are asked to bring a new toy, coloring books and crayons, games or stuffed animals to send to children in the Gulf Coast region.
* United Way of Kandiyohi County: The United Way of Kandiyohi County will forward donations to the national office for hurricane relief. Donations may be sent to Hurricane Response Fund, United Way of Kandiyohi County, Box 895, Willmar, MN 56201. Visit the agency's Web site, www.unitedwaykc.org , for a link to the Greater Twin Cities United Way and information and additional links for donating to hurricane relief.