WILLMAR — The Minnesota Department of Transportation will begin bridge maintenance projects Tuesday, July 7, in locations that include the west central counties of Kandiyohi, Lac qui Parle, Meeker, Renville and Yellow Medicine.
According to a news release from MnDOT, work is expected to be completed within three weeks, weather permitting. Motorists may encounter shoulder or lane closures and flagging operations at the listed locations.
Locations are as follows:
- Minnesota Highway 9, New London
- U.S. Highway 12, west of Willmar
- U.S. Highway 12, east of Kandiyohi
- Minnesota Highway 23, north of Spicer
- U.S. Highway 71, Willmar
- Minnesota Highway 40, three locations west of Madison
- U.S. Highway 75, two locations south of Minnesota Highway 7
- Minnesota Highway 22, north of Litchfield
- Minnesota Highway 4, two locations north of Hector
- U.S. Highway 212, east of Granite Falls
- U.S. Highway 212, Montevideo
- U.S. Highway 212, west of Granite Falls
Motorists should drive with caution and slow down, stay alert, and be patient while traveling through work zones. Drivers must obey posted speed limits; a violation is $300.
More travel and real-time traffic information is available at 511mn.org.