ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Unattended heater burns fish house near Watkins

LITCHFIELD -- Officials believe a heater left unattended caused a fire in a fish house Tuesday evening on Clear Lake south of Watkins. According to the Meeker County Sheriff's Office, the fire was reported around 9:20 p.m. The owner of the fish h...

LITCHFIELD - Officials believe a heater left unattended caused a fire in a fish house Tuesday evening on Clear Lake south of Watkins.

According to the Meeker County Sheriff’s Office, the fire was reported around 9:20 p.m. The owner of the fish house, John Young, 46, of Watkins, was in another fish house on the lake when his second house started on fire. The fish house was a 7x14 homemade wheel house valued at $400 with approximately $1,200 worth of equipment and personal belongings inside.  The Watkins Fire Department was called to extinguish the fire.

Related Topics: WATKINSFIRES
What To Read Next
Fundraising is underway to move the giant ball of twine from the Highland, Wisconsin, home of creator James Frank Kotera, who died last month at age 75, 44 years after starting the big ball.
Mike Clemens, a farmer from Wimbledon, North Dakota, was literally (and figuratively) “blown away,” when his equipment shed collapsed under a snow load.