WILLMAR — Minnesota had 2,287 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Friday, according to the daily report from the Minnesota Department of Health, one of the largest daily totals since the pandemic began. Of those cases, 76 are in Kandiyohi County and 202 in Stearns County.
There were also two local deaths reported, a 85-89 year old individual from Renville County and a person over the age of 100 in Yellow Medicine County.
Statewide there were 10 newly reported probable cases, including 1 in Yellow Medicine County.
That brings the state's cumulative total to 119,396, which includes 119,145 confirmed and 251 probable cases.
Of the cumulative number of cases, 12,169 of them are health care workers.
There were 13 additional deaths attributed to COVID-19, for a current total of 2,203 deaths from confirmed cases and 9 from probable cases.
Most of the deaths, 1,559, have occurred in long-term care or assisted living facilities, and 1,761 of the deaths were 70 years or older.
A list of congregate care facilities that have reported an exposure from a case of COVID-19 in a resident, staff person or visiting provider is updated every Friday.
Area facilities currently on the list include:
- Big Stone County: Essentia Health Grace Home, Fairway View and Fairway View Neighborhood in Big Stone County
- Chippewa County: Avera Granite Falls Care Center, Home Front First and Luther Haven
- Kandiyohi County: Bethesda Grand, Carris Health Care Center & Therapy Suites and Copperleaf Senior Living
- Lac qui Parle Count: Johnson Memorial Health Services Care Center and Madison Healthcare Services Care Center
- Meeker County: Hilltop Health Care Center and Meeker Manor Rehab Center LLC
- Redwood County: Gil-Mor Manor, Parkview Home, River Valley Health and Rehabilitation Center and Valley View Manor
- Renville County: Buffalo Lake Healthcare Center, RenVilla Health Center and Westview Estates Assisted Living
- Stearns County: Assumption Home, Belgrade Nursing Home, CentraCare Health Sauk Centre, CentraCare Melrose, CentraCare Health Melrose Park View Place, Edgewood Sartell, Fairway Pines Senior Living, John Paul Apartments, Mother of Mercy Senior Living, Serenity Place on 7th and The Sanctuary at St. Cloud
- Swift County: Appleton Area Health Care Center and Meadow Lane Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
- Yellow Medicine County: Clarkfield Care Center and Sanford Health Sylvan Court
Facilities that have not reported a new exposure for a minimum of 28 days will be removed from the list.
The Minnesota Department of Health is also reporting that 105,120 of the state's reported positive cases no longer need to self-isolate.
So far in Minnesota, there have been approximately 2,448,315 completed tests, including 2,430,551 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests and 17,764 antigen tests. And approximately 1,646,704 people have been tested since Jan. 20.
The information was included in the latest Minnesota Department of Health daily situation update, released at 11 a.m. daily. The data released are current as of 4 p.m. the day before.
The current number of COVID-19 cases among residents confirmed to reside in area counties includes:
- Big Stone County: 121
- Chippewa County: 357
- Kandiyohi County: 1,464
- Lac qui Parle County: 118
- Meeker County: 294
- Pope County: 136
- Redwood County: 231
- Renville County: 216
- Stearns County: 5,094
- Swift County: 179
- Yellow Medicine County: 260
(County of residence is confirmed during the case interview. The county residence data may not equal the total number of reported positive cases in a given day.)
As a public service, we’ve opened this article to everyone regardless of subscription status. If this coverage is important to you, please consider supporting local journalism by clicking on the subscribe button in the upper right-hand corner of the homepage.