Sponsored By
An organization or individual has paid for the creation of this work but did not approve or review it.



MACCRAY youth returns home from Children's Hospital

Hudson Asche, 13, has months of recovery ahead, but is on the mend after experiencing a rare complication of COVID-19 that caused the inflammation of his internal organs.

Hudson Asche

RAYMOND — Hudson Asche is home and on the mend from a rare complication of COVID-19 that put him in the Children’s Hospital in Minneapolis for a week.

The 13-year-old MACCRAY student returned home to Raymond late Sunday night, his mother, Dana told the West Central Tribune.

“He is very happy to be home,” said his mother.

Hudson was rushed to the Children’s Hospital on Nov. 1 for a rare complication of COVID-19 known as MIS-C, or multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children. It causes internal organs, including the heart, kidney and liver, to become inflamed.

Dana said her son thought he would “magically feel better” the moment he walked into his home, but no such luck. He has months of recovery ahead.


Doctors told Hudson’s parents, Dana and Joel, that it will likely be weeks before he is feeling OK again. It will take months, possibly as many as six, before he is back to normal.

The road to recovery will include three visits a week to physical therapy, and a host of visits to see specialists that are scheduled into December, according to his mother.

The inflammation is going down, but it is still present. Dana said her son will need “time and patience” to fully heal. Being home is an important step, and has boosted his spirits

The family is hoping that if he regains strength, he can slowly begin to resume his school studies next week.

She said the family has felt blessed by the outpouring of support and well wishes they have received since their ordeal began.

Hudson was essentially bedridden for a week prior to being rushed to the Children’s Hospital. He was placed in the pediatric intensive care unit there as the inflammation basically “wreaked havoc on his body.”

His ordeal began Oct. 26 when he experienced a fever believed due to COVID-19. He had a COVID-19 test a couple of days later and the family received a positive test result on the night before he was rushed to the Children’s Hospital.

As a public service, we’ve opened this article to everyone regardless of subscription status. If this coverage is important to you, please consider supporting local journalism by clicking on the subscribe button in the upper right-hand corner of the homepage.

What To Read Next
Get Local