Boys tennis roundup: Montevideo blanks MACCRAY
CLARA CITY -- Not the finest day for tennis but the Thunder Hawks and the Wolverines took to the high-school courts in front of the school with little shelter from the 15 mph northwest wind.
CLARA CITY - Not the finest day for tennis but the Thunder Hawks and the Wolverines took to the high-school courts in front of the school with little shelter from the 15 mph northwest wind.
Montevideo prevailed in the non-conference meeting 7-0. The match followed three days weather to hostile for practice or matches.
Jesse Erickson led the sweep at singles with a 6-2, 6-1 victory over Skylar Garmin, MACCRAY’s No. 2.
Coach Dan Fragodt had to shift his line-up with a couple of players unavailable. 1-singles Connor Hagemeyer was moved to 1-doubles teaming with Nathan Eisenmenger. They fell 6-4, 6-2 to the Hawks Martin Moore/Triston Voorhees.
(1) Jesse Erickson, Mtv, def Skylar Garmin 6-2, 6-1 (2) Jared Saue, Mtv, def Jordan Caskey 6-4, 6-1 (3) Taylor Landmark, Mtv, def Jaeden Woltjer 6-0, 6-0 (4) Montevideo won by forfeit
(1) Martin Moore/Triston Voorhees, Mtv, def Nathan Eisenmenger/Connor Hagemeyer 6-4, 6-2 (2) Ryan Neville/Connor Dann, Mtv, def Levi Sparks/Chris Preuss 6-0, 6-0 (3) Donnie Albers/Brandon Johnson, Mtv, def Alex Spence/Ben Barner 6-4, 6-0
Luverne 7, YME 0
Luverne was too much for Yellow Medicine East but the Sting won three of four singles matches in a close loss to Pipestone at the Luverne Triangular on Thursday.
Luverne surrendered just one game in a 7-0 win over YME. Pipestone won all three doubled matches to edge the Sting 4-3.
Against Pipestone, Brandon Repsher won at 1-singles and James DeJager (3-singles) and Cody Speh (a winner by forfeit) picked up the other Sting points.
YME plays host to Milbank (S.D.) at 4:30 p.m. today in Granite Falls.
(1) Jonny Vajgrt, L, def. Brandon Repsher 6-0 6-0 (2) Andrew Jelken, L, def. Shane Nokleby 6-0 6-0 (3) Erik Wohnoutka, L, def. James DeJager 6-0 6-0 (4) Jacob Jarchow, L, def. Cody Speh 6-0 6-0
Blake Ziegler/Corey Stroeh, L, def. Ammon Bennett/Noah Lusti 6-0 6-0 (2) Hunter Robinson/Chris Jelken, L, def. Miles Jensen. Cody Zimmer 6-0 6-1 (3) Toby Sengvongxay/Dalton Schoenemann, L, def. Nick Shindele/Isaiah Werner 6-0 6-0
Pipestone 4, YME 3
(1) Repsher, Y, def. Trace Lueck 6-1 6-2 (2) Nate Baatz, P, def. Nokleby 6-4 6-7 (3-7) 10-4 (3) DeJager, Y, def. Joe Morgan 1-6 7-6 (7-4) 10-7 (4) Speh, Y, won by forfeit
(1) Jared Carlson/Bill Smith, P, def. Bennett/Lusti 6-1 6-1 (2) Alex Abrahamson/Elijah Everson, P, def. Jensen/Zimmer 6-3 6-2 (3) Tyl Woelber/Trystan Pals, P, def. Shindele/Werner 6-1 6-0
Mound Westonka 7, Litchfield 0
The Dragons fell in a Wright County Conference match played in Hutchinson on Thursday.
They play next in the Pine City Tournament on Saturday beginning at 8 p.m.
(1) Luke Moorhead, M, def. Josh Prahl 6-2 6-0 (2) Tony Levens, M, def. Mitch Evans 6-1 6-3 (3) Torsten Lee, M, def. Zach Kaiser 6-0 6-0 (4) Matt Humbert, M, def. Matt Wedin 6-0 6-0
(1) Arend Turner/Trevor Omann, M, def. Jon Madsen/Andrew Fisher 6-2 6-3 (2) Zach Martin/Timmy Levins, M, def. Sam Dollerschell/Nick Lundin 6-2 6-4 (3) Michael Chiodo/Jude Pierce, M, def. Jordan Carew/Jon Green 6-2 6-3