Local Roundup: Warrior volleyball falls in five sets
FERGUS FALLS--Ridgewater had a trio of players finish with double-digit kills but the Warriors also made 28 hitting errors and lost to Minnesota State-Fergus Falls in five sets on Wednesday.
FERGUS FALLS-Ridgewater had a trio of players finish with double-digit kills but the Warriors also made 28 hitting errors and lost to Minnesota State-Fergus Falls in five sets on Wednesday.
M State won 25-19, 18-25, 25-23, 17-25 and 15-12.
Morgan Gronli finished with 19 kills, Baylee Larsen had 14 and Lexi Vos had 12. Vos also had four solo blocks, and Staci Banks had 27 set assists and Sarah Sulflow had 25 assists, six kills, two blocks and eight digs.
M State 3,
Ridgewater 19 25 23 25 12
M State 25 18 25 17 15
Serving (aces): None ... Set assists: Staci Banks 27, Sarah Sulflow 25 ... Hitting (kills): Banks 2, Baylee Larsen 14, Jessica Lemke 4, Sulflow 6, Lexi Vos 12, Morgan Gronli 19 ... Blocking (aces): Larsen 1, Lemke 1, Sulflow 2, Vos 4, Gronli 1 ... Digs (5 or more): Banks 11, Hannah Nelson 10, Larsen 5, Lemke 16, Sulflow 8, Gronli 20, Cate Haug 6
Minnesota State - Fergus Falls
Stats not provided
Wins at Nos. 1 and 2 doubles helped lead Lac qui Parle Valley to a win over Montevideo in the first round of the Section 6A team tournament on Wednesday.
(1) Anna Hacker, LQPV/DB, def. Kori Douglas 7-6 6-3 (2) Addi Oie, LQPV/DB, def. Emily Brace 6-2 7-5 (3) Lauren Kluver, M, def. Katelyn Wittnebel 6-0 6-1 (4) Alissa Eickhoff, M, def. Jade Bukowski 6-1 6-0
(1) Jessica Sigdahl/Rachel Halvorson, LQPV/DB, def. Cassidy Rustman/Abby Gremmels 6-4 6-1 (2) Bree Kallhoff/Veda Maharaj, LQPV/DB, def. Megan Siverson/Callie Siverson 6-3 6-3 (3) Tyra Sandven/Erin Smiens, M, def. Sarah Halvorson/Maddie Matthies 6-1 7-6
Minnewaska dropped just five games in seven matches to defeat MACCRAY in a Section 6A team tournament victory on Wednesday.
(1) Danielle Thorfinnson, Mw, def. Missy Marcus 6-1 6-0 (2) Hannah Orlowski, Mw, def. Allison Shubert 6-0 6-0 (3) Karra Hanson, Mw, def. Katie Burdorf 6-0 6-0 (4) Maddie Thorfinnson, Mw, def. Haley Rode 6-0 6-0
(1) Greta Reichmann/Alissa Thorfinnson, Mw, def. Jessica Wellnitz/Teagan Nokleby 6-0 6-2 (2) Annika Randt/Addy Randt, Mw, def. Leah Johnson/Emma Rand 6-1 6-0 (3) Olivia Richards/Aliyah Bayer, Mw, def. Kaytlyn Handt/Liberty Niemeyer 6-0 6-1
Benson/KMS cruised to a first-round win in the Section 6A team tournament on Wednesday.
(1) Sophia Curriel, B, def Whitney Tennis 6-3 6-1 (2) Gracie Lenz, B, def Emily Johnson 6-4 6-1 (3) Stacy Johnson, B, def Chelsea Hoernemann 6-0 7-5 (4) Alissa Maurer, B, def Macie Sik 6-1 6-0
(1) Olivia Hoffman/Hannah Andrews, B, def Ashley Niemeyer/Cherish Hammer 6-0 7-5 (2) Halle Bundy/Brenna Knutson, B, def Allie Virnig/Emilee Speh 6-2 6-0 (3) Susan Knutson/Anna Samuelson, B, def Brynn Cherveny/Tiana Rupp 6-1 6-0
SC Tech 6,
Willmar picked up its point at No. 3 doubles in a Central Lakes Conference match against St. Cloud Tech on Tuesday.
(1) Ashley Tarrolly, S, def. Lydia Morrell 6-0 6-0 (2) Kate Inderieden, S, def. Chloe Hansen 6-2 6-2 (3) Anne Bowe, S, def. Ashley Prahl 6-1 6-1 (4) Natalie Peterson, S, def. Alyssa Morrell 6-0 6-0
(1) Erin Hobday/Carly Heine, S, def. Mady Spencer/Abby Stauffenecker 6-4 6-2 (2) Brooke Wilfong/Leah Donnelly, S, def. Paige Hanson/Abigail Hoffman 6-2 6-3 (3) Allison Bruhn/Julia Iverson, W, def. Ehrin Quinn/Ella Marohl 7-6 (7-5) 6-3
Elli Stoel led Central Minnesota Christian School with nine kills in a loss at Russell-Tyler-Ruthton on Tuesday.
CMCS 9 17 11
RTR 25 25 25
Central Minnesota Christian School
Serving (aces): None ... Set assists: Not provided ... Hitting (kills): Elli Stoel 9, Emma Van Dyken 5, Molly Mulder 5, Sadie Vander Pol 2, Megan Slagter 1, Addison Brouwer 1 ... Blocking (aces): None ... Digs (5 or more): Melanie Beerman 5, Mulder 5
Stats not provided
The Kandiyohi County Historical Society and the Willmar Stingers have partnered together to begin a West Central Baseball Hall of Fame since 2014. The Historical Society has begun to seek nominations for the 2019 class.
The West Central Baseball Hall of Fame covers a 45-mile radius of Willmar which includes communities such as Glenwood, Montevideo, Redwood Falls and Dassel-Cokato.
In order to be considered for the West Central Baseball Hall of Fame, nominees must fall within the 45-mile radius of Willmar and be featured in one of the following categories:
• Professional: Player or manager who resided in West Central Minnesota and went on to success in high levels of professional baseball as a player, coach, or manager.
• Amateur: An amateur player, coach, or manager who was successful as a player in youth, high school, and/or adult amateur baseball.
• Community Involvement: A longtime resident of West Central Minnesota who has achieved great success as a supporter of baseball and has made significant contributions to baseball.
The Historical Society will begin accepting nominations immediately to be reviewed by the selection committee.
For a nomination form and more information regarding the West Central Baseball Hall of Fame, please visit www.kandiyohicountyhistory.com . If there any questions related to this event, or the nomination process, please contact Jill Wohnoutka at the Historical Society at (320) 235-1881 or firstname.lastname@example.org . The 2019 inductions to the West Central Baseball Hall of Fame will be held in the early part of 2019.
Nominations must be submitted to the Historical Society by Friday, October 26 in order to be considered for the 2019 class. All nominations must include a nomination form.