Top-seeded Foley eliminated Willmar in the semifinals at Sta Fit Tennis Center in Sartell. Willmar advanced to the semifinals by knocking off Rocori 6-1 in the first round.
In the first round against the Spartans, Mercedes Schueler and Abby Stauffenecker won a tiebreaker in the first set before winning the second set 6-2 and getting the win at No. 3 doubles. The Cardinals’ No. 2 duo of Caroline Becker and Rebecca Laurence won the first set 6-3 and won their own tiebreaker in the second set to lock up the match.
In singles, Chole Hansen and Ashley Prahl won No. 1 and 2, respectively, while giving up a combined one game.
Willmar will now turn its attention to the 8AA individual tournament taking place Friday and Saturday back in Sartell.
(1) Peyton Kopel, F, def Chloe Hansen 6-4 6-3 (2) Brooke Beier, F, def Ashley Prahl 6-2 6-2 (3) Jayden Kloss, F, def Alyssa Morrell 1-6 6-0 6-0 (4) Alaina Hageman, F, def Allison Bruhn 6-2 6-2
(1) Bailey Gapinski/Jami Novak, F, def Alise Staebell/Ashlie Staebell 4-6 6-1 10-3 (2) Olivia Falk/Savannah Gapinski, F, def Caroline Becker/Rebecca Laurence 6-2 6-3 (3) Sydney Gapinski/Kristen O’Brien, F, def Mercedes Schueler/Abby Stauffenecker 6-1 6-3
Willmar 6, Rocori 1
(1) Chloe Hansen, W, def Kathryn Headlee 6-0 6-0 (2) Ashley Prahl, W, def Adeline Loesch 6-0 6-1 (3) Alyssa Morrell, W, def Jaedyn Krippner 7-5 6-0 (4) Allison Bruhn, W, def Katie Kaluza 6-1 6-2
(1) Maggie Molitor/Andrea Eisenschenk, R, def Alise Staebell/Ashlie Staebell 7-5 6-4 (2) Caroline Becker/Rebecca Laurence, W, def Sophie Kelly/Shelby Garding 6-3 7-6 (5) (3) Mercedes Schueler/Abby Stauffenecker, W, def Madison Andrews/Abby Jopp 7-6 (5) 6-2
Redwood Valley 0
Top-seeded Litchfield opened Section 2A team play by blanking No. 8 Redwood Valley.
The Dragons advance to play at 9 a.m. Monday at the Swanson Tennis Center on the Gustavus Adolphus College campus in St. Peter.
(1) Avery Stilwell, L, def. Isabel Hillstead, R, 6-0, 6-0 (2) Elise Bierbaum, L, def. Payden Beran, R, 6-0, 6-0 (3) Alyssa Ross, L, def. Abby Gilk, R, 6-1, 6-0 (4) Ryanna Steinhaus, L, def. Kate Foy, R, 6-0, 6-0
(1) Vaida Behnke/Neriah Lara, L, def. Ashlyn Doering/Kia Jacobson, R, 6-2, 6-1 (2) Britney Prahl/Kylie Michels, L, def. Annika Gibbs/Aubrey Bidinger, R, 6-1, 6-0 (3) Kelsey Ballard/Taylor Draeger, L, def. Sidney Beran/Avery Wilson, R, 6-2, 6-1
NLS 6, LP-GE 1
New London-Spicer advanced in section play by winning every match except No. 2 doubles Thursday.