SUBSCRIBE NOW Just 99¢ for your first month

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FIRES

One resident of a southeast Willmar home was injured Saturday in a fire. An open flame near nail polish remover started the fire in an upstairs bedroom, where most of the damage occurred. The rest of the second floor had smoke damage, and the first floor had some water damage below the room with the fire.
A fire at the same farm on Christmas Eve 2020 caused the deaths of about 1,000 milking goats, 15 peacocks and a dog.
With Western states enduring a historic drought, some towns are rejecting fireworks as a wildfire risk, even though nearly all civic fireworks displays are safely monitored by firefighters.
With above-normal fire activity expected in Canada, the region can expect smoky air this summer. But drought conditions in Minnesota have improved so the likelihood of major wildfires within the state is lower, according to a Minnesota Pollution Control Agency forecast released Tuesday, April 26.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest Headlines
“All the volunteers were great. All the neighbors came over to help or to offer help.”
A home was destroyed by fire in Colfax Township on Saturday afternoon. No injuries were reported and the residents are being assisted by the American Red Cross and staying with family.
The Tribune publishes Records as part of its obligation to inform readers about the business of public institutions and to serve as a keeper of the local historical record. All items are written by Tribune staff members based on information contained in public documents from the state court system and from law enforcement agencies. It is the Tribune’s policy that this column contain a complete record. Requests for items to be withheld will not be granted.
A fire destroyed a shed used to house animals, including calves, pigs and chickens, Thursday afternoon, Feb. 24, 2022.
The Tribune publishes Records as part of its obligation to inform readers about the business of public institutions and to serve as a keeper of the local historical record. All items are written by Tribune staff members based on information contained in public documents from the state court system and from law enforcement agencies. It is the Tribune’s policy that this column contain a complete record. Requests for items to be withheld will not be granted.
A shed and its contents were destroyed by fire early Sunday morning in Colfax Township. The total dollar amount lost was estimated at $200,000. There were no injuries reported.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Tribune publishes Records as part of its obligation to inform readers about the business of public institutions and to serve as a keeper of the local historical record. All items are written by Tribune staff members based on information contained in public documents from the state court system and from law enforcement agencies. It is the Tribune’s policy that this column contain a complete record. Requests for items to be withheld will not be granted.
The New London Fire Department fought a fire in a detached garage in Hawick Wednesday, with assistance from other area departments. The garage and its contents were a total loss.
The Little Falls Police Department and the Little Falls Fire Department responded to the fire, reported at 6:08 p.m.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT